CCS Ambassadors Program
The CCS Ambassadors program maintains a connection between the undergraduate student community and CCS, for the purpose of enriching the undergraduate experience with opportunities for computational research, training in the use of advanced cyberinfrastructure, and participation in other CCS programs and events.
The Role of CCS Ambassadors
Some ways in which CCS Ambassadors fulfill their mission are:
- Sharing about CCS programs, events, and trainings with other undergraduates to:
- Raise awareness and encourage use of the career development resources
- Provide networking opportunities
- Keep them up to date on the latest developments in fields of interest
- Provide opportunities for cross-University engagements, as well as engagements with the greater Miami computational community.
- Listen to the computational needs or desires of other undergraduate students, and share those with CCS Engagement staff.
- When a new need of the undergraduate community becomes apparent, CCS Ambassadors provide feedback to CCS Engagement staff on possible solutions.
- Connect CCS Engagement staff to talented undergraduates who are interested in participating in research projects under the CCS umbrella.
- Look out for opportunities that arise in student clubs around computational science, and connect the student club leaders with CCS to pursue those further.
All CCS Ambassadors meet with each other and with CCS Engagement staff once per semester, to share: new research opportunities that may have become available, the background and motivation behind the creation of new events or conferences, and any other relevant information.
Meet the CCS Ambassadors
Become a CCS Ambassador
If you would like to be a CCS Ambassador, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are particularly keen to connect with students from communities within UM that are underrepresented in our current cohort of CCS Ambassadors, so please send us an email!